Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Table of Flat Washer Thicknesses

At InStock Fasteners

Also: Lists of screw & machine screw diameters, under Guide to Fastener Sizes
And more in their sidebar.

//

EDIT 19 March 2020
See also:

Washer Size Chart at engineering.com: ID, OD, & thickness for SAE and USS flat washers

Fastener Identification Guide (PDF, 165 pages) from the Illinois Department of Transportation: Bolt head markings, studs, nuts, washers (washers start on page 145). These are mostly material specification markings, grade, maybe manufacturer.

I'm looking at flat washers from Home Depot, some marked UAC and some UAD. These are size markings, they told me at HD one time. But now that I have em home, I want a list of the markings and what sizes they represent.

The one marked UAD measures 1" OD, 7/16 ID, so that's a 3/8" USS flat washer, according to the engineering.com link.
The one marked UAC looks to be 7/8" OD, 3/8 ID, so it's 5/16" USS. Note that it fit on a 3/8 bolt.

For the anti-sway rod on my Husqvarna riding mower, the UAC washer fits easily. Why did I think it wouldn't?

//

No comments: