Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Swivel hose connectors

I bought a Swan Swivel a couple weeks back (q.v.). Now I was thumbing thru True Value's Hose Fittings & Accessories and found not one but two additional brands of swivel fittings: One from Miracle Gro, and one from Green Thumb. Good price on that last one, $2.99.

And come to think of it, I remember Gardener's Supply offering something similar for half-inch hose, a bendy elbow but without an inlet-end swivel connection. Part of their Snip-n-Drip system.

I didn't know there were so many to choose from. Now I'm wondering what else I can find.

Amazon shows one from Melnor. The one from Swan. One by Gardena for 26 bucks. And Melnor again, for $20 plus shipping.

Home D has the Melnor for four bucks. Target, too. And Ideal True Value has the Green Thumb swivel -- identified as a Melnor product -- for $2.09 plus, ouch, shipping.

And there's a similar product from Pope, but for 12mm fittings. Never saw that before. It's probably the British standard, not GHT.

All in all, not a lot of variety in the manufacture of these things. More variety in seller and price.

No comments: