Friday, November 16, 2018

An oversize mender test

Well I have a whole baggie full of hose end fittings: brass, male, still in the package. But no females. It figures, right? End-of-season imbalances.

What I do have, a whole bunch of screw-on connectors from Ace that I got for $2.39 apiece. Remember? What the heck, I'll use two of them.


I still have this test case lying around. I need to cut that 8-inch piece of hose in half, fit the free half of it on the copper fitting that's half sticking out the hose, and clamp it. Then I'll put the Ace hose-end fittings on the open ends, and I'll be all ready to test my oversize mender.

//

Done. Just hooked it up to the utility sink and put a shut-off on the open end. Let it sit for a couple hours. Didn't leak, and didn't come apart from the psi.

Dunno how it would hold up if I treated it like a hose. Might come apart.

Didn't do any sort of pressure comparison or flow rate check. Some other day.

No comments: