Thursday, October 25, 2018

"Rubber Wall Base"

I needed some thin rubber strips for a project I was working on a while back, but I had the hardest time finding something satisfactory. Yeah, Home D offers hundreds of options. But I didn't need 24 square feet of the stuff, and I didn't want to pay double digit dollars to get it.

I ended up getting some odd shaped, squishy strip meant for garage doors. It wasn't flat, but I could cut one leg off and used that. It was still wedge-shaped and not as stiff as I wanted, but it was the best I could find.

More recently, I wanted some thin, flat rubber to use as spacers on another project. I had to take the dog to the vet and while waiting for the doctor I was wondering where to get that thin flat rubber. Then my eyes landed on the trim in the doctor's office, between the wall and the floor. Not wood trim: this was some thin stuff four inches high, curved out at the bottom to meet the floor. Is that rubber? I wondered.

That's rubber. Lowes has "Thermoplastic Rubber Wall Base", four inches high, four feet long, less than three dollars apiece. And they have it in black, the color rubber is supposed to be.

Happy camper.

No comments: